- Homeopathy is a profound yet gentle form of medicine that has been used worldwide for over two hundred years. It is based on the principle that “like cures like”.
- Homeopathy is complimentary to other modalities (conventional, acupuncture, chiropractic, cranial sacral, Feldenkrais, Bowen Technique, healing touch, yoga, t’ai chi etc). The remedies can be safely taken to help with the side effects of many medical procedures including support before and after surgery, chemotherapy and dental work. There are remedies especially suited for childhood illnesses and infectious diseases and for first aid in cases of injuries and accidents such as broken bones and concussions. They are made from nature, inexpensive, non-toxic and non-addictive.
- When you visit a homeopath you are encouraged to tell your story – who you are, what you like, what upsets you, where and how you hurt and so on. From these experiences, functions and sensations, the homeopath will select a remedy (in pill form available from health food stores and homeopathic pharmacies) that will be highly individualized. With assistance from the remedy and the homeopath, it is possible for all manner of problems to lessen their hold, making us in turn stronger, more adaptive and healthy.
- Homeopathic remedies are derived from any source in nature; be it plant, animal, or mineral. These substances are highly diluted to remove toxicity. Each remedy has been tested by healthy humans, and the resulting physical, emotional, and mental changes perceived by them are entered into the Materia Medica (a log of medicinal uses and properties), and the remedy itself is recorded in the FDA’s Homeopathic Pharmacopia which ensures standards of manufacture.
- A classical homeopath has undergone rigorous training. For safety and effectiveness, it is recommended that a professional homeopath be consulted prior to the use of any remedies. This consultation is simply an in-depth interview – no machines, no testing, no diagnosis. Babies, expectant mothers, children, men, and women of all ages, and even pets, are welcomed.
- Symptoms are merely alerting us to an imbalance that needs support, and homeopathy can give that support.
“Our natures are the physicians of our diseases”
Welcome to the world of homeopathy – elegance and simplicity in healing.